Coffee, and its “third wave” roasters and cafés, are a big deal in San Francisco. Not only are the cafés an integral part of an individual neighborhood’s identity, but the greater bay area as a whole has grown accustomed to the quality of product, production and experience presented by these independent businesses.
About Ritual Coffee Roasters
Ritual Coffee Roasters has been around since 2005 – ten whole years, which in terms of the new generation of coffee roasters is a really long time.
What started as a café on Valencia, Ritual Coffee has grown into a regional coffee powerhouse with its own roasting facility in SoMa, 3 locations in the San Francisco, 1 location at the Oxbow Market in Napa, a coffee club, and distribution to hundreds of locations.
Founder of Ritual Coffee Roasters, Eileen Hassi Rinaldi, embodies the true spirit of a craft beverage entrepreneur, and we’re pleased to be able to promote their job opening here on our site.
Ritual Coffee Roasters is Hiring A Route Sales Specialist / Delivery Driver
Be the new face of Ritual Coffee Roasters! The Route Sales Specialist/Delivery Driver position works directly with the Roastery Manager and Wholesale Team to make sure Ritual cafes and wholesale accounts get what they need. In addition to daily deliveries, there will be some creative and administrative tasks such as updating the weekly PDF menus and shelf talker sets, conducting price surveys, and communicating weekly menu changes to our wholesale customers by composing and sending a weekly newsletter. Employees at Ritual are nice, work hard, and know how to have fun. There is always opportunity for growth, as all jobs are posted within Ritual before we seek candidates from outside.
- Acting as the main point of contact between our customers and our company
- Delivering Tues-Fri to San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, and surrounding East Bay areas, parts of the Peninsula and North Bay
- Collecting money and filing all completed invoices upon returning from deliveries. Putting away bins or boxes that come back from delivering
- Going on miscellaneous errands and solving unexpected problems
- Being proactive within the production team to anticipate needs, prevent problems, and maintain smooth operations
- Relaying any important customer/account information to Roastery Manager and/or Sales Manager
- Be constantly striving to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Operating vehicles in a safe and responsible manner.
This position is based in San Francisco, out of our Roastery in SoMa.
This position is full time, approximately 35-40 hours per week, primarily based around a daily (M-F) delivery schedule. There will be occasional weekend duties for special events and demos.
Based on experience. Ritual also offers a benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, commuter benefits, and sick pay after 60-90 day waiting periods.
- Clean driving record
- Valid DL
- Excellent time management
- Knowledge of SF & East Bay streets a plus
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Dependable attendance history
- Ability to take direction and change daily routine if needed is critical
- Obsession with Customer Service and Satisfaction
- Willingness to work as part of a team with all departments
- Attention to detail and multitasking
- Capable of working in an independent, self-directed environment
- Willingness and ability to learn
- A passion for small business and quality products
- Strong organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge of the specialty coffee industry a plus
- Fluency in Adobe In Design a plus
Please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great Route Sales Specialist along with a resume to [email protected].
Never miss us!
Receive Craft Beverage Jobs Posts via Email