Beer Jobs: Massachusetts Beverage Alliance Seeking Craft & Specialty Inventory Manager
The Massachusetts Beverage Alliance is a collaboration of multiple distributors coming together for the distribution and promotion of craft beer in Massachusetts. The MBA is dedicated to growing the craft beverage industry which translates into more craft beverage jobs for Massachusetts!
MBA Is Building Brands!
Massachusetts Beverage Alliance has made a commitment to building a partnership with the top craft and specialty brewers in the state. The Massachusetts market is booming and MBA is leading the way. Check out these statistics on the Massachusetts market:
- Total Beer Volume is 57 Million Cases
- 1st in New England
- 16th in the United States
- Craft and Specialty Import Beers represent 17.33 Share in MA
- 9th Largest US Market – Craft / Super Premium / Specialty Beers
With the maturity and experience of the distributors that make up MBA, they are able to introduce breweries and craft beverage businesses to a proven sales strategy that takes advantage of this growing market.
We’ve introduced multiple breweries and built them, case by case, keg by keg, into success stories.
The Massachusetts Beverage Alliance also understands Social Media, and this understanding has not only aided in increasing exposure for the brands within their portfolio but for elevating the awareness of Massachusetts craft beer overall. Founder of Craft Beverage Jobs, Cindy Molchany, had the opportunity in 2013 to attend the Beer Bloggers Conference in Boston where the MBA hosted 100+ beer bloggers in their warehouse for a fun afternoon of tasting. The exposure that the MBA gave to its brands via access to influencers is a rare occurrence in the three-tier world.
Beer Jobs: Craft & Specialty Inventory Manager
Massachusetts Beverage Alliance is seeking a qualified employee to take the role Craft & Specialty Inventory Manager. The primary responsibility of the Craft & Specialty Inventory Manager is to be the leading channel of managing MBA’s collective product and POS inventory. MBA is looking for someone who has experience in the craft beer industry, specifically with managing the details of craft beer inventory. Above all this individual must show a passion for craft beer!
Beer Job Location: Randolph, Massachusetts
Beer Job Category: Operations
Beer Job Type: Craft Beer
Beer Job Responsibilities At A Glance:
Product Inventory –
- Forecasting, Submitting, and Arranging pick p for MBA brand orders
- Maintaining communication about brand inventory with MBA Craft Managers, Sales & Marketing Director and Suppliers
- Determining par levels to meet demands
- Building Weekly Inventory Reports
- Tracking & Confirming Beer Deliveries
- Maintaining a weekly Incoming/Existing Inventory Worksheet
- Monitoring Beer Code Dates On MBA Inventory
POS Inventory –
- Building Monthly POS Orders for MBA Distributors
- Coordinate, schedule and confirm point of sales orders and pickups for the MBA network by managing distributor Bill of Ladings to be sent to Burke operations teams.
- Break down POS orders by distributor on to separate pallets and have ready to be picked up on distributor’s weekly inventory pick ups
- Participate in conference calls & meetings with MBA suppliers, as needed.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Beer Job Qualifications At A Glance:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Business, Marketing, Accounting, or related discipline.
- Must have at least 3 years of related work experience.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Google Docs, PowerPoint.
- Advanced Excel skills able to “think” in excel and utilize multiple spreadsheets
- Proficiency in VIP’s IDIG reporting system a plus.
- Proven ability to use data and analytics to develop insights.
The Craft & Specialty Inventory Manager reports directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
Email resume to [email protected]
Like what you see? Want to know more about this craft beverage job listing? Click HERE!
Massachusetts Beverage Alliance YouTube Channel
One of the unique ways that Massachusetts Beverage Alliance highlights their craft beers, is featuring great beers on the MBA YouTube Channel. Both beer and brewer are highlighted, focusing on the beers unique qualities and availability in the market. In the example below Rob Costa (MBA Brand Ambassador & Certified Cicerone Beer Server), introduces Backlash Beer Company’s Groundswell Belgian Style Ale.
Never miss us!
Receive Craft Beverage Jobs Posts via Email