We focus a lot of our energy here on Craft Beverage Jobs on the producers of craft beer, wine, cider, spirits and coffee. But we would be remiss if we were to not spend any time talking about the growing segment of distributors who are fiercely supportive of craft brands and who help craft brands get into market.
Meet Kendall’s Pioneer Distributing of Washington State
Kendall’s Pioneer Distributing, out of Southwest Washington State, is a boutique startup distributor with a pedigree. The owners of Kendall’s also own a larger distributor in Washington, Corwin Beverage, and the family has been in the distributing business for over 70 years. The actual naming of Kendall’s Pioneer Distributing is actually a throwback and tribute to the owner’s great-grandparents, who owned the original Kendall’s Pioneer – a distributor of beer and soft drinks in Bend, Oregon.
The new Kendall’s Pioneer started out of a passion for the regional selection of craft beer, wine and cider produced and out of the recognition that these smaller brands needed a focused supporter to help them into market. Kendall’s Pioneer has a small book (less than 20 brands) and they currently serve 7 counties in SW Washington. They are growing and plan to be in at least 9 counties by the end of the year, but they do not plan to grow their portfolio too extensively to where the brands they represent get lost in the mix.
Kendall’s Pioneer Distributing is a local, family-owned boutique distributor of craft beer, wine, and spirits located in Kelso, WA. We focus on craft beers and wine from the Northwest region.
Kendall’s specializes in working with brand new brands in order to give them access to retail opportunities they wouldn’t otherwise have when just starting out.
Some of the regional craft beer, wine, and cider brands that Kendall’s Pioneer Distributing represents:
- Astoria Brewing Company (Astoria, OR)
- Backwoods Brewing Company (Carson, WA)
- Bateaux Cellars (Toledo, WA)
- Beerded Brothers Brewery (Vancouver, WA)
- Bethany Vineyards (Ridgefield, WA)
- Doomsday Brewing Co (Washougal, WA)
- Drop Anchor Brewery (Cathlamet, WA)
- East Fork Cellars (Vancouver, WA)
- Mazama Brewing (Corvallis, OR)
- Phelps Creek Vineyards (Hood River, OR)
- Three Brothers Vineyard & Winery (Ridgefield, WA)
- Tieton Cider Works (Yakima, WA)
- Trio Vintners (Walla Walla, WA)
Kendall’s Pioneer Distributing has a unique position in the market. They have the experience of a seasoned team behind them and they have access to resources like larger distributors due to their affiliation with Corwin Beverage. But because they are independent, they are nimble and can adapt to meet the needs of the brands in their portfolio as well as meet the needs of the markets they serve.
Kendall’s Pioneer Distributing would be an exciting place to work for someone passionate about promoting regional craft beverage!
Kendall’s Pioneer Distribution is Hiring
This craft beverage distributor in Southwest Washington state is hiring for a General Manager to oversee their operations team.
Here’s a summary of the Job Description:
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
First and foremost, this General Manager job requires a passion for the craft beverage industry. (We assume, since your here, that’s a given!) Kendall’s is also looking for a candidate with 3-5 years experience in management of sales and accounts for both the craft beer and wine industries. A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing is also a requirement. For further job requirements, see the General Manager listing HERE.
JOB FUNCTIONS FOR THIS GENERAL MANAGER POSITION INCLUDE:
- Oversee all company operations according to company standards and in support of KPDs strategic plans
- Develop quarterly and annual business plan for achieving budgeted sales distribution and merchandising plans
- Build sustainable partnerships with suppliers through communication, relationship building and strategic planning
- Benchmark business data and sales trends to aid in execution of the strategic business plan
- Hire, train, measure and grow all KPD employees according to company principles
- Drive business improvements by promoting a work environment that fosters creative thinking and innovation
- Model supportive and participatory leadership by promoting teambuilding and empowerment
- Research, analyze and evaluate new business and revenue opportunities for presentation to shareholders
- Regularly brief shareholders on Sales and Operations progress vs. plan, company morale, and/or important variances from the annual operating plan
- Oversee compliance to established policies, procedures, and guidelines; ensure compliance with applicable laws including state liquor laws and regulations
- All other duties as assigned
- Understand, uphold and instill KPD Core Values
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
- Please include wage requirements with your application
- Bonus opportunities for sales and growth
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Health insurance and 401(k)
- Direct deposit
- Company vehicle provided for business use
SEE FULL JOB & APPLICATION DETAILS HERE
Need to write a cover letter for this job? Grab this FREE guide on writing an Irresistible cover letter!
Never miss us!
Receive Craft Beverage Jobs Posts via Email