This position is a dynamic role which requires an organized, self-motivated, and reliable individual who will work as a part of the team in a startup brewery environment. The Assistant Brewer will be expected to assist with weekly production needs at the direction of the Management Team.
Fair Isle is a brewery starting up and thus all employees must be adaptable, agile and excel in working in a fluid environment. We run a skeleton crew, and as such, this role must be flexible and comfortable working all aspects of the brewhouse as necessary. Enthusiasm for working outside your job description is critical to thriving at Fair Isle.
- Assist in brewing operations including cellaring, wort production, cleaning, yeast handling, CIP’s, transferring, etc.
- Assist in packaging.
- Assist in oak barrel / foeder work including: cleaning, filling, emptying, and other associated duties.
- Participating in professional organizations, conferences and training opportunities.
- Ensures the highest quality beer is being created in the facility.
- Maintains brewery in a clean, tour-ready state.
- Upholds QA/QC standards.
- Accurate record keeping through Ekos and other ERP software.
- Excited to lend a hand where needed with a positive attitude.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience working in a production brewery.
- Technical experience with brewing equipment and/or brewing education strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to positively engage with others.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- A desire to learn and grow as a professional in our industry.
- Competence in Microsoft Office, data entry and/or similar applications.
- A love of beer!
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 10 hours per day).
- Ability to move heavy materials (lifting to 55 lbs, moving up to 160 lbs)
- Climbing ladders.
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, climbing, bending.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried position. Fair Isle offers benefits and competitive salary dependent upon experience and relevant qualifications. Benefits may include health, paid time off, employee discounts, travel, and more. Fair Isle Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and candidates from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply!