Be Our Secret Ingredient!
Austin Eastciders is a high growth hard cider company based in Austin, TX. Started in 2013, Austin Eastciders is committed to the goal of bringing Craft Cider to the masses by offering their easy-drinking ciders across Texas and in 17 other states around the US. Austin Eastciders has something for everyone, whether you're looking for a Pineapple Cider by the pool or a Black Cherry Spiked Seltzer that's only 100 calories and made with real fruit. If you're interested in joining our team, we encourage you to apply and learn more about all things Austin Eastciders. People are our most important ingredient to all we do!
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Affordable and Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company matched 401(k)
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Free Cider
Eastciders is hiring for a Assistant Cidery Manager 3rd Shift. Work days are Monday-Friday, evening and weekend work may be required.
The Assistant Cidery Manager will be the cidery operations leader at Austin Eastciders responsible for the Safety, Quality, People, Service, and Cost for their assigned shift. This role will be the management and leadership point of contact for all operations activities occurring at the Cidery during their assigned shift – Fermentation, Packaging, and Warehousing. The Assistant Cidery Manager will be directly responsible for the efficient execution of the Production and Shipping Schedules during their assigned shift. The Assistant Cidery Manager will support the Operations Manager in facilitation of the Management Operating System including meetings and required reports. This role will be an active participant in Continuous Improvement process as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Represent the core values of AEC through daily interactions with customers, general public, and team members.
- In preparation for future promotion(s), take an active role and interest in learning positions other than your own and the industry as a whole. Utilize the knowledge of those currently in the position, as well as the person to whom you currently report.
- Safety – Ensure that Cidery Operations are executed to published safety standards; maintain a safe working environment for assigned Cidery Operators; execute assigned Safety PMs and monthly safety training; elevate safety concerns to the Operations Manager
- Quality – Ensure that Critical Quality Systems (CQS) are executed to published standards; escalate quality concerns to the Quality Technician and Quality Manager in accordance with published standards
- People – Partner with the Operations Manager to continuously elevate knowledge, skills, and abilities of assigned Team Members to maximize proficiency across disciplines – Fermentation, Packaging, Warehousing
- Cost – Manage payroll activities for Team Members assigned to your shift; ensure compliance with published policies pertaining to clock-ins/clock-outs, lunches, paid breaks, overtime; Drive waste out of production operations through Good Manufacturing Practices, waste tracking in the Downtime Report, and escalating areas of waste to the Cidery Manager
- Service – Maximize throughput efficiency during your assigned shift through asset care, Team Member supervision and a sense of urgency; Escalate machine efficiency or downtime concerns to the Operations Manager and Maintenance Technician Supervisor
- Comply with all relevant company policies and procedures outlined in the AEC Employee Handbook.
- Conduct all your activities in accordance to local, state, and federal liquor control regulations.
- Complete all inventory activities as assigned by the Operations Manager – First Aid, Production Supplies, Chemicals, Raw Ingredients, Packaging Materials, Finished Goods
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Peer Relationships
- Building Effective Teams
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Team Participation
- Sense of Urgency
- Computer Skills- especially excel and outlook
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend and crawl into awkward spaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs at a time.
- Working in a non climate controlled facility.
- Work inside product coolers at temperatures below ambient is required intermittently depending on daily tasks.
- Loud to moderate continuous noise in work area.
Required Education and Experience:
- Strong and broad experience with Cidery/Beverage manufacturing operations.
- 3-5 years of experience with leadership/management
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Supervisory Responsibility.
- Communication skills for credibility at all levels of the organization.