Job Title: Brewer
- Classification: Non-Exempt
- Compensation: Based on experience. We offer health, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and free kombucha to drink on site and weekly allotments to take home.
- Department: Brewhouse
- Reports to: Director of Production
A Brewer at Revive Kombucha produces quality made kombucha in brewing related processes while performing general brewhouse tasks such as sanitation, equipment maintenance and ingredient handling.
Brewer Essential Functions:
- Produce finished kombucha in accordance with Revive Standard Operating Procedures and Good
- Adherence to and compliance with GMP and food safety policies at all times
- Exercise extreme discretion when dealing with all proprietary information
- Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the brewhouse
- Product testing
- Perform food safety and quality checks
- Accurate completion of paperwork and data entry
- Sanitization of equipment
- Adherence to FIFO procedure for all raw ingredients
- Perform routine equipment maintenance
- Draft, update and maintain written Standard Operating Procedures for Brewhouse processes as needed
- Perform tasks associated with Research & Development projects as requested
- Complete all Brewhouse tasks as necessary
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required.
- Two plus years of brewery or winery experience required
- Proficient in reading and writing in English.
- Safety conscious, quality minded, and efficiency driven
- Working knowledge of pneumatic systems, industrial electricity, industrial refrigeration and sanitary process piping and systems strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Proficient in math and adept at performing a variety of blending tasks and calculations.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to problem solve.
- Be passionate about kombucha.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequent standing for long periods up to 12 hours; walking; sitting; and reaching with hands and arms.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pulling, pushing and fine manipulation.
- Regularly lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly use angle rolling ladders.
- Work in wet and cold or hot environments and subject to noise.
This job is in a manufacturing/brewery environment. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, scissor-lifts, power tools and various pneumatic and electric machines in addition to safety boots, protective eyewear, and hearing protection. This role also routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptops, photocopiers, printers and filing cabinets.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.