POSITION: Brewery Representative – Eastern CT
FLSA: Full Time, Exempt
JOB GRADE: Kilderkin
Harpoon has over 300 employees who understand that making great beer fun can be more challenging – and more rewarding - than it seems. We do things a bit differently here; different from other companies in general and different from most of our fellow brewers. Different in this case does not mean more complex or harder to understand. Because we also believe in being simple and straightforward. We have a very short list of ‘philosophies’ that underline how we run our business:
- Treat others as we would like to be treated ourselves.
- Work like an owner and think like a customer.
- Make great beer and revel in it or as we say to the rest of the world: Love Beer. Love Life.
- We love the beer we brew, and we love drinking it together. We’re looking for people who share a commitment to excellence and a sense of humor to join our growing team.
Harpoon is looking for a self-motivated beer professional to grow Harpoon’s business in Eastern Connecticut. The Brewery Representative will be the primary contact with established wholesalers by growing existing retail accounts and opening new retail accounts. The person will already have industry experience and be considered the face of Harpoon through areas such as tasting events, ride-withs and social media.
- Growing Harpoon business in territory
- Primary contact with established wholesalers by growing existing retail accounts and opening new retail accounts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing, sales and management a plus
- 2+ years of experience in the beer, wine & spirits industry or 3+ years of outer market sales experience
- The ideal candidate will in or around the Hartford, CT area
- Have passion for craft beer and sales
- Embrace Love Beer. Love Life.
- Possess high levels of energy & self-motivation
- Be organized, self-disciplined, detail oriented & sociable
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic industry
- Live in the territory & have a reliable car
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Valid and clean driver's license
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet a variety of deadlines and prioritize workload
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Team player and community advocate
Opportunity to be an integral part of a professional Sales team working in a fast paced and challenging environment. Position offers a great experience and opportunity for growth and development.