The Cellar Specialist supports CCBC in helping people navigate the beautiful & complex world of beer by executing at a high level of quality and contributing to a culture of safety as part of the Southern Mill Cellar Team.
ACTIVITIES & OUTCOMES
- Developing foundational knowledge of key cellar tasks:
- Gravities, tank actions, crash times.
- Recording brand data and tank status.
- Pulling sample from FV.
- Prepping sample for Anton Parr 4500.
- Verifying stability.
- Prepping and clearing VDK samples.
- Changing temp on glycol control panel for tank actions/crashing beers
- Carbing and releasing beers for packaging.
- Performing carbonation readings with IDGM.
- Recording carbonation readings on tank hanger
- DH, fruit and adjunt additions.
- Selecting correct hop type, varietal, and weight for DH additions.
- Purging hop cannon.
- Breakdown of hop cannon post DH.
- Purging recirc pump.
- Setting up recirc and documenting recirc start and end times.
- Understanding of sanitary fruit addition.
- Recording all raw ingredients into data app
- Yeast handling
- Harvesting into kegs/brink.
- Taking sample for quality analysis.
- Weighing kegs and label appropriately.
- Performing yeast entry in app.
- Updating white board with yeast info
- CIP, CIP skid, chemicals and titrations
- Set up and break down of all vessels.
- Understanding of all CIP cycles and SOP's.
- Understanding of chemicals and titrations.
- Filling out tank hanger and white board to record CIP status
- Commitment & Contribution to Culture:
- Culture of Safety: a commitment to a culture of safety.
- Safety Policies: must be competent through the completion of safety training and adherence to all policies in the CCBC Safety Guide, must advocate a culture of safety by following safety policies and encouraging his peers to remain complaint with CCBC safety policies.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: knowledgeable of and practices GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices). Preventive Maintenance (PM)
- Preventive Maintenance: performs PMs as needed.
- Culture of Self-Development & Leadership:
- Leadership Training: Participates in and completes leadership development training assigned by the team’s manager.
- Leadership Development: They must build and maintain proficiencies in using the CCBC’s leadership program tools, concepts, & vocabulary.
- Skills & Competency Development:
- Learn, understand, and maintain quality cellar initiatives.
- Learn and maintain competency in safety policies, procedures, & regulations.
- Explore, connect, & learn about the Craft Beer Industry.
- Attend and learn about quality in craft beer through sensory class.
- Develop technical aptitude on CCBC equipment.
- Task Excellence & Efficiency:
- Must be able to work a later shift, if needed (2:00- 10:00 pm).
- Perform at a level of excellence with a focus on timeliness and process efficiency.
- Must establish and maintain a basic understanding of timely communication tools such as e-mail & the company communication application, Slack.
- The Cellar Specialist must maintain a flexible mindset during production changes, whether the changes are foreseen or made with short notice.
- Report to their shift on time and follow company clock-punch policies & procedures.
- Technical Aptitude- the ability to learn quickly on specialized equipment & technical processes.
- Solutions-Oriented Positivity- maintains & promotes a positive outlook while seeking out the best solutions.
- Teamwork - reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Resilient & Adaptable: The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully manage organizational change.
- Attention to Detail - Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Commitment to Quality & Excellence- Expects personal performance, team performance, and product quality to be nothing short of the best.
WE WELCOME ALL CREATURES
At Creature Comforts Brewing Co, we work hard to create a culture that activates our values. One of the ways we do this is through our commitment to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make employment decisions by removing bias or prejudice against any employee or applicant’s race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Once you join our family, we ensure that each person feels safe and included through our value of Extending Kindness. As a commitment to our value of Extending Kindness, Creature Comforts prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Come just as you are…crave curiosity & pursue your passions with us!