Be Our Secret Ingredient!
Austin Eastciders is a high growth hard cider company based in Austin, TX. Started in 2013, Austin Eastciders is committed to the goal of bringing Craft Cider to the masses by offering their easy-drinking ciders across Texas and in 17 other states around the US. Austin Eastciders has something for everyone, whether you're looking for a Pineapple Cider by the pool or a Black Cherry Spiked Seltzer that's only 100 calories and made with real fruit. If you're interested in joining our team, we encourage you to apply and learn more about all things Austin Eastciders. People are our most important ingredient to all we do!
- PTO- 10 days after first 60 days
- Paid Time Off
- Affordable and Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company matched 401(k)
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Free Cider
Eastciders is hiring for full time positions for our Cidery. 9:30pm to 6:00pm
**First 60days will require training during the hours of our first/second shift times.**
Shift requires flexibility to work additional hours or weekends when needed.
The Cidery Operator will be responsible for all cider-making activities in their assigned work area and shift. This is a multi-functional role which may be assigned to Packaging or Fermentation as proficiencies permit across functions. When assigned to Fermentation, the Cidery Operator on each shift will be responsible for all building, blending, filtering, transferring, and Clean In Place (CIP) activities. When assigned to Packaging, the Cidery Operator on each shift will be responsible for the kegging, canning, packing, changeover, and CIP activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain safe operation of Cider-making in the production areas through the application of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), housekeeping, sanitation, and the completion of Safety Preventive Maintenance (PM) plans
- Sustain the highest level of product quality through the execution of Critical Quality Systems (CQS) standards
- Packaging: Execute the Production Schedule in the work area assigned – Kegging, Canning, or Packing; Prepare finished liquids for packaging
- Fermentation: Execute the Production Schedule through the performance of batch building, filtering, blending, transferring, carbonation
- Identify and report maintenance and repair concerns to the Assistant Manager in the assigned shift
- Execute Sanitation PMs in the functional area assigned and maintain your assigned work area to Tour-Ready conditions at all times
- Manage your assigned functional area to the daily completion of End of Shift Handoff Expectations
- Perform production supplies inventories as assigned – chemicals, safety, first aid, consumables
- Perform monthly inventory activities as assigned for raw materials, packaging materials, and finished goods
- Participate in and complete communications associated with the Management Operating Systems (MOS) – Level 1 Daily Shift Huddle, Daily Downtime Report, and End of Shift Report
- Represent the core values of AEC through daily interactions with customers, general public and employees.
- In preparation for future promotion(s), take an active role and interest in learning positions other than your own and the industry as a whole. Utilize the knowledge of those currently in the position as well as the person to whom you currently report.
- Maintain open and clear communications with the owners, managers and other employees of AEC. Report all problems, customer complaints, opportunities or any other information that will have a material impact on the operation of AEC to the Director of Operations.
- Adhere to the company dress code. Maintain a neat, well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Comply with all relevant company policies and procedures outlined in the AEC Employee Handbook.
- Report vehicular accidents, and/or on the job injuries to your Manager, Safety Coordinator or Human Resources in accordance with the protocol listed in the AEC Employee Handbook.
- Conduct all your activities in accordance to local, state, and federal liquor control regulations.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Computer Skills
- Collaboration Skills
- Priority Setting
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Standing Alone
- Command Skills
- Comfort around Higher Management
- Motivating Others
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Standing on feet during the entire shift
- Heavy physical work (bending, kneeling, pulling hoses, etc.)
- Will work continuously on wet floors and with wet equipment
- Able to lift 20+ pounds on a repetitive basis
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to 50lbs, and occasionally lift and or move up to 75lbs.
- Non Climate controlled warehouse
- Loud to moderate continuous noise in work area
- Occasionally exposed to chemicals