Please Note: This is a temporary position for 34 weeks from date of hire. This role will require candidates to be available for full-time hours and live within Charleston, South Carolina city limits.
City Manager for Whiskey and Spirits Promotions
The earliest evidence of alcohol distillation comes from the School of Salerno in southern Italy during the 12th century. Contemporary times have produced thousands of spirits styles and brands. For our Program, we are seeking a Market/City Manager who is resourceful, organized, reliable, and passionate about building and maintaining a team of Brand Advocates. The City Manager will oversee the local execution of activities helping generate awareness and increase market-share for our largest Whiskey/Spirits client.
HOW WE CAN PARTNER WITH YOU:
Our City Managers are responsible for the hiring, training, scheduling, and performance management of local Brand Ambassadors typically ranging from 15-30 BAs per Market. The City Manager is paid a weekly rate and typically requires full-time hours dedicated to the role. Events worked by the Brand Ambassadors are a mix of on-premise nightlife events, retail-focused samplings, and special events. Event days and times can fluctuate, but are typically scheduled on Wednesday through Saturdays, often with on-premise and special events going late into the evening.
The City Manager is responsible for maintaining inventory and distributing the required assets to their Brand Ambassador teams, in addition to renting/maintaining a storage unit to keep adequate inventory of promotional materials. The City Manager is also responsible for working with local Sales Teams and Distributors to meet program and scheduling goals, and auditing their Brand Ambassadors on-location. Additionally, the City Manager is responsible for completing and submitting reporting and expenses as required and on schedule.
THINGS THAT ARE CRUCIAL TO HAVE: (Referred to as requirements)
- Being at least 21 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle with a clean driving record.
- A willingness to transport and distribute promotional materials and assets and to Brand Ambassadors teams and respective events.
- Experience hiring, training, scheduling, and managing a team to achieve its goals.
- Regular access to a computer for reporting AND a smartphone for accessing mobile platform for event check-in and for sending pictures/texts.
- Must be willing/able to lift POS and assets weighing up to 25 lbs to and from events and storage facility.