Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
The Controller will plan and direct all accounting operational functions, manage the accumulation and consolidation of financial information for internal and external financial statements, assess accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff. This role functions as a liaison between Finance and other departments to effectively manage and control financial activities. The Controller will provide financial leadership to the company and provide recommendations to improve site performance. The Controller will have direct accountabilities in technical accounting including but not limited to general accounting, cost accounting, business and sales analysis, financial reporting, plant efficiencies, and inventory. This role also leads the annual audit process with external auditors and is responsible for property tax activities as well as company benefit plan audits, filings and funding.
What You Will Do
- People Leader duties include:* Manage the accumulation and consolidation of month-end financial data necessary to accurately present financial and operational business results* Manage, train, and develop skilled accounting staff with leadership that supports a cross functional approach to decision making* Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, G/L, Inventory/Cost Accounting and Budgets.
- Direct Operational Duties Include:* Treasury management and preparation of cash-flow reports that project cash needs* Fund 401k deferral match, reconcile contributions quarterly and file year end reports with benefit plan provider* In conjunction with the CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards* Consults with other departmental leaders to interpret financial and operational matters to drive business decisions and to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, manage projects, and reduce cost* Research, prepare and execute Finance Department initiatives such as system upgrades, implementations and other departmental or firm-wide improvements
- Indirect Operational Duties include:*Coordinating activities of external auditors.*Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation.*Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance.*Maintain relevant taxes information (Income, Beer, Property, Sales, etc.).*Monitor inventory levels for negative quantities and errors. Review slow moving and stalled inventory reports for potential write-offs. Ensure un-saleable and discounted items are disposed of, written off or reserved as appropriate. *Track capital expenditures and fixed asset register maintenance.
Please Apply if You Have
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or business administration required and
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- 9 years increasing accounting responsibility within the manufacturing/brewing industry required and
- 7 years Team leadership with direct experience managing accounting professionals required
- experience in multi-site operations and the restaurant industry preferred
- Experience with cost accounting, budgeting, forecasting as well as financial and operational analysis
- Must be experienced in month-end closing and financial statement reporting
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills and a high comfort level interacting with peers, all levels within the plant and executive-level management
- Able to quickly understand and apply business judgment to evolving business processes and data requirements
- Strong financial acumen, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to configure and analyze complex data sets utilizing Power BI
- Ability to prioritize, organize, complete multiple tasks and accurately handle a high volume of work
- Proven ability to lead projects and motivate teams to reach a common goal
- Willingness to train, develop and educate others, specifically direct reports and key business stakeholders
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to perform the duties of this position for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Candidate must reside or relocate to Chico, CA
Before applying for this role, please review the full job description, including the physical demands and working environment: https://sierranevada.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2722
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer