Mass. Bay Brewing Company (MBBC), parent company to Harpoon, UFO, Clown Shoes, Arctic Summer and City Roots, is seeking a Culinary Manager (CM) to join the Harpoon Riverbend Taps and Beer Garden (RBT) kitchen team, located in Windsor, Vermont. The CM is responsible for the entire food program at the RBT and interacts with a broad cross section of senior Harpoon managers. The CM's duties involve a variety of activities in recipe and procedure development, staff supervision, training, purchasing, financial management, quality control and marketing. The CM will bring MBBC products to life by providing guests with dining and drinking experiences that communicate "Love Beer. Love Life."
This individual must be a team player with demonstrated success as a manager, and must be able to execute around a vision for the RBT food experience. Strong organizational skills, a passion for customer service, and a love of food are table stakes for this position. As employee-owners, MBBC employees go above and beyond to contribute to the overall success of daily operations.
Supervision of Staff
- Recruiting, hiring and onboarding of kitchen staff
- Training front and back of house staff with specific focus on the menu, kitchen procedures, customer service and food safety
- Staff scheduling
- On-going evaluation and periodic performance reviews
- Hands-on coaching and guidance to ensure compliance with all SOPs
- Maintaining the professional appearance of kitchen staff
- Developing and implementing weekly and seasonal menu specials
- Developing written checklists and SOPs to ensure consistency of operations
- Maintaining professional relationships with all co-workers, ensuring that front and back of house staff are working together seamlessly
Finance and Administration
- Managing and reporting on the financial performance of food operations including compliance with cost guidelines, while maintaining quality standards
- Forecasting and adjusting for seasonal business, weather, events, etc.
- Vendor management; purchasing, receiving and quality control
- Routine inventory management
- Monitoring menu performance
- Opening or closing the restaurant as needed
Health and Safety
- Maintaining ServSafe certification for self and all kitchen staff
- Maintaining a safe, clean and organized kitchen
- Compliance with all local and state health & safety requirements
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in accredited culinary program or related field of study
- 3-5 years of professional kitchen/restaurant management experience
- Highly organized and energetic
- Hands-on approach
- Passion for engaging guests with an excellent food and dining experience
- Genuine enthusiasm for craft beer
- Variable hours that include night, weekend and holiday work
- Required prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting and lifting of products/supplies weighing up to 65 lbs.
- Work with hot, cold and hazardous equipment
OPPORTUNITIES & PERKS
Opportunity to be an integral part of a professional hospitality team working in a fast-paced and challenging environment. MBBC offers some great perks including potential for growth, great co-workers, a friendly environment (pet-friendly as well!), an all-expense paid culture trip, participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), participation in our unique Wellness Program, and, of course, amazing beer benefits!
TO APPLY: Please apply directly through our Careers page.