Based in Washington D.C., Dignity Coffee passionately pursues quality, innovation, and sustainability for the coffee industry —and we’re looking for new team members to help us grow in the DMV regional market.
This is an exciting opportunity to build out new business channels within the specialty wholesale coffee business. Dignity Coffee is seeking an outgoing Sales Manager to join our organization. In this role, you will be responsible for growing our existing customer base of key distribution partners, developing new leads, driving sales velocity, and establishing a foundation of success.
Dignity Coffee is:
- Passionate about delivering the highest quality specialty coffee from Colombia
- Committed to innovating sustainable practices that preserve the land and respect the farmers
- Dedicated to humanizing coffee production by paying fair wages, working directly with growers, and highlighting the people behind each and every coffee it sells
Our Sales Manager will play a critical role in Dignity Coffee’s successful growth by developing a retention strategy with clients that will yield positive, long term partnerships. The key functions of this role are identifying and qualifying prospective wholesale partners across a variety of channels, adding new, appropriate businesses within the designated region, and managing those relationships to ensure strong, consistent revenue and bottom-line profitability.
The Dignity Coffee Sales Manager is expected to have a strong business skill set and thorough knowledge of the food and beverage industry. Our sales manager should be resourceful, reliable, and personable, but above all, he/she should genuinely care about our coffee farmers and the dignity of everyone involved in the value chain of coffee.
- In collaboration with the CEO, develop our sales and marketing strategy.
- Oversee account management for diverse customer base, ranging from coffee shops and restaurants to hotels and off-premise retailers.
- Source appropriate new business through effective lead development and networking.
- Quickly and accurately qualify all incomings leads and follow up accordingly.
- Provide subject matter expertise to new wholesale partners in a manner consistent with Dignity Coffee core values.
- Manage the process of onboarding new wholesale partners.
- Effectively track field work through CRMParticipate in and lead training events, including but not limited to labs, classes, tastings, workshops, and socials.
- Contribute to regional success by understanding and influencing leading indicators and metrics.
We are looking for:
- Three-plus years of sales experience with proven track record in sales and focus on accountability (required)
- Coffee / coffee equipment / food and beverage sales experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of food and industry trends, particularly in specialty coffee
- A growth mindset and disruptive thinking
- Excellent interpersonal, telephone, oral and written communication skills
- CRM management (HubSpot) and closing skills
- Prospecting and creative marketing abilities
- Strong work ethic and discipline to achieve established goals
- A high aptitude for communication and a strong desire to effectively communicate the mission and values of Dignity Coffee
- Basic technical expertise and a willingness to learn about the equipment required to produce the highest quality, sustainable coffee
- Access to reliable transportation (If driving personal vehicle, must have unexpired driver's license and vehicle insurance)
- Highly competitive compensation program including base salary and commission, as well as other incentives
- Monthly and annual bonus opportunities
- Incredible opportunities for career growth and mobility within the company
- Opportunity to work directly with top craft coffee farmers in Colombia
- Job flexibility and autonomy
- Group health (medical), available the first of the month after 90 days of employment.
- Exceptional coffee
- Effective demonstration of the ability to work without supervision and with other team members
- Regular completion of required tasks, including lead development, account follow-up, sales execution, and reporting
- Consistent, timely, and accurate record of communication within the company and with accounts
- Successfully executed tastings and cupping for both public audience and target accounts
- Creation of marketing plan and annual sales strategy
- Achievement of quarterly sales targets
The physical requirements of this position:
This position requires moderately physical work. The Sales Manager must be able to regularly lift up to 20 pounds.
Dignity Coffee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. When making personnel decisions, we do not take into account race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information, or any other classification protected by state or federal law
As the Regional Sales Manager, you will help to build the business and brand presence while driving Dignity’s growth. This role reports into the CEO. This is an individual contributor role that requires a "hunter" mindset.
You are integral to bringing the Dignity brand to a new market and spreading the specialty, sustainable coffee in the local market. We can’t wait to meet you.
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is based in Washington D.C. and reports directly to the CEO