Middle West Spirits is seeking a full-time employee to aide in distillation, brewery production and facility operations. Employment will consist of an initial training period of 90 days on first morning shift shadowing the head distiller and the plant manager. The long-term primary responsibility will be to operate a shift for finished brewing of wort, primary and finish distillation as well as finished goods production. Special focus will be on sanitary operations surrounding daily production of mash, distilled spirits and finished goods. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to aiding the plant manager with development of work place quality control and sanitary standards, preparing Federal TTB regulation compliance and assisting with transportation of raw material, finished goods, and warehouse duties.
Our distillery brewer should have at least 3 years’ experience in one of the following fields.
- Beer production
- Plant process development and controls
- Be willing to work in a startup environment
- Must have extensive experience using Microsoft Office products
- Self-motivated individual
- Comfortable interacting with customers on a daily basis
- Food manufacturing or laboratory/hands-on experience is a plus
- Plant operation control is a plus
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Lifting requirements: 60 lbs.
- Minimal travel