We are looking for a motivated, experienced, and creative head distiller, to join our Nauti Spirits team and take us to the next level. The successful candidate will, first and foremost, be a great team player, who shares our passion for creating true farm to bottle excellence. Our head distiller must bring distilling knowledge/skill, management acumen/awareness, and a “can-do, get-it-done” attitude to the position.
Nauti Spirits is an established, award-winning, true farm distillery located on 60 acres of preserved farmland just outside the beautiful Victorian seacoast downtown of Cape May, New Jersey (about 1.5 hrs from Philadelphia), which has become a vibrant year-round destination. We craft our spirits from scratch, largely from crops that we grow on our land or on local land that we lease.
Our production team works closely with and oversees our farming partners to ensure that we use our land efficiently and responsibly. We serve our spirits in a gorgeous and lively tasting room with an artisan cocktail staff that loves to work directly with our production crew to create delicious and unique drinks that our patrons love. Everyone on the Nauti team, from farmers to distillers to servers, has a unique pride of ownership that comes from real farm to bottle operations.
Our core spirits—a sweet potato/corn vodka; a New American style wheat gin; and a whiskey barrel-finished rum—have earned gold in every competition entered, including the San Francisco World Spirits and LA International Spirits Competitions. Our first bourbon will be released later this year. We also have a sophisticated blending program that has been producing outstanding, and sold-out, micro-batch whiskeys for the past year. We currently are distributed in four Mid-Atlantic states and the District of Columbia, and we will be expanding both our distribution territory and spirit variety in the coming year.
- HS diploma or equivalent (BA/BS with chemistry/biology focus preferred)
- 3+ years of full-time distillery management experience (farm distillery experience preferred)
- Vodka, gin, rum, bourbon development/production experience
- Whiskey blending knowledge and experience
- Proven history of effectively interacting and collaboratively working across multi-faceted distillery operations (production/distribution/marketing/tasting room)
- Well-developed organizational, interpersonal, communications, and computer skills
- Management of and participation in production operations
- Milling, mashing, fermentation, distillation, finishing, barrel aging
- Production forecasting and scheduling
- New product development
- Quality assurance and control
- Maintenance of federal and state distillery records
- Inventory management
- Distillery maintenance and cleanliness
- Managing, hiring, scheduling production staff
- Farming partner oversight and input
- Working across and integrating with other distillery functions (distribution/marketing/tasting)
- Supporting customer-facing activities at distillery and at outside retail or on-premise events
Apply directly to [email protected]