The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for the entire operation of the kitchen and the food program at the Harpoon Beer Hall (HBH). This individual reports to the Beer Hall Programming/Innovation Manager and interacts with the team of HBH Managers. The Kitchen Supervisor’s duties involve a variety of activities including but not limited to staff supervision, training, purchasing, administration, quality control, and recipe development.
The ideal candidate must be a team player with demonstrated success as a supervisor. They must able to execute routine, high-volume production (primarily pretzel baking), as well as provide culinary creativity for menu specials. Strong organizational skills and a passion for hospitality are essential for this position. As employee-owners, HBH team members wear many hats and do whatever it takes to contribute to the overall success of HBH operations.
Supervision of Staff
- Recruiting, hiring, and onboarding of kitchen staff
- Training back-of-house team members with specific focus on kitchen SOPs, customer service, and food safety
- Kitchen staff scheduling and labor cost control
- Routine meetings with staff (individually and as a team)
- On-going evaluation and periodic performance reviews
- Hands-on coaching and guidance to ensure compliance with all SOPs
- Maintaining the professional appearance of kitchen staff
- Developing and implementing weekly and seasonal menu specials
- Developing written checklists and SOPs to ensure consistency of operations
- Maintaining professional relationships with all co-workers and ensuring seamless teamwork between front-of-house and back-of-house staff
- Kitchen equipment cleaning, maintenance, and repair
- Coordinating kitchen operations with third-party caterers and Private Events team
- Managing pretzel orders to-go and special needs for Festivals
- Maintaining the daily production schedule (including private events) and communicating any changes to the General Manager or Manager-on-Duty
- Vendor Management
- Receiving (including recording invoices and credits)
- Quality control
- Inventory management
- Ensuring TOAST POS is updated with new items
- Opening/closing the kitchen as needed
Quality, Health, Safety
- Maintaining ServSafe certification for oneself and all full-time kitchen staff
- Maintaining a safe, clean, and organized kitchen
- Routine quality control checks (daily and spontaneous)
- Compliance with all local and state health & safety requirements
- 3-5 years of professional kitchen/restaurant management experience
- Highly reliable, organized and energetic
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for quality guest experience
- Genuine enthusiasm for craft beer
- Variable work hours that include night, weekend and holiday work
- Prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting and lifting of products and supplies weighing up to 65 lbs.
- Working with hot, cold and hazardous equipment
OPPORTUNITIES & PERKS
Opportunity to be an integral part of a professional hospitality team working in a fast-paced and challenging setting. MBBC offers some great perks including potential for growth, great co-workers, a friendly environment (pet friendly as well!), an all-expense paid culture trip, participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), participation in our unique Wellness Program, and, of course, amazing beer benefits!
TO APPLY- Please apply directly through our Careers page.