The MECHANIC 2 is responsible for completing preventative maintenance and repairs on all company owned equipment to include tractors, trailers, refrigerated units, and events equipment. Reporting to the Fleet Operations Manager, the Mechanic 2 supports the Truck Shop administrative functions and ensures the company fleet operates at the highest standard.
NOTE: Class A license is NOT required for this position
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance including changing oil, checking batteries, and lubrication on company owned equipment including trucks & trailers, refrigerated units, and events equipment
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, engines, and other parts of vehicles
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning parts or components
- Perform 90-day Biennial Inspection of Terminals (BIT); maintain inspection reports
- Fabricate and weld to repair equipment as necessary
- Maintain records on all maintenance and repair work performed in fleet management software; track recalls, smog inspection dates, and warranties for all vehicle
- Inventory, order and control tools, supplies and materials for garage; research, compare, and locate parts, equipment, and vehicles
- Install, replace, and repair onboard computers and/or cameras
- Recommend expenditure reductions/controls and improve efficiencies
- Schedule and arrange any outsourced 3rd party repairs, to include estimates as well as services rendered
- Safely operate commercial vehicles and equipment to aid in diagnostics
- Clean and maintain the garage area and equipment
- Assist with repairs to electric equipment maintenance as needed
- Respond to service calls
- Completion of a Diesel Mechanic Program or Associate’s degree preferred
- FIVE (5) years related experience working on commercial trucks and trailers REQUIRED
- Class A driving experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions and implement procedures for solutions
- Thorough knowledge of tools, equipment, and methods used in the maintenance and repair of gas and diesel-powered vehicles
- Must possess strong communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of employees across multiple departments
- Demonstrated mechanical ability & technical aptitude
- Knowledge of DPF and SCR systems a plus (Diesel Particulate Filters and Selective Catalytic Reduction)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to perform quality work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions; work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is frequently moderate and occasionally loud and requires hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift 60 pounds without assistance with proper body mechanics. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasional computer and documentation work will require the employee to sit for temporary periods. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with an exemplary driving record free of any major violations in the last THREE years
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check AND Driver's License check
- You must have the ability to become certified to operate a forklift, boom lift, and scissor lift within 60 days of employment
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- If selected candidate holds a Class A license, compliance with DOT regulations is required
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer