Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. (SNBC) is looking for a National Account Manager (NAM) to manage and grow our business within the off-premise grocery, Home D and on-premise multiple buying group channels in the New York City market. This position will work with the SNBC sales force to execute within these sales channels and realize its full potential. Accomplishing this goal requires the demonstrated ability to develop effective presentations which include Symphony IRI/data analysis, and to deliver solution based recommendations that will positively affect both the business of our off-premise national accounts and our own business.
- Manage accounts with the goal of gaining new distribution and promotional activity through direct interaction with key buyers within grocery, Home D and the on-premise multiple buying group nextwork.
- This position will focus on all 5 boros: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx and Staten Island
- Develop and communicate programs, distribution updates, pricing and promotional activity to the National Account, SNBC sales force and our distributors.
- Report monthly business status to the Regional Manager – National Accounts and the Director of National Accounts including issues, opportunities and progress vs. plans.
- Participate in quarterly wholesaler business planning meetings with Business Development Managers and their distributors.
- Track execution on all sales programs, including surveying chain stores for display and distribution execution.
- Create and maintain profiles for all National Accounts/call points.
- Create annual execution plan for the National Accounts you call on with standards for sales, distribution and share.
- Coordinating and executing SNBC sales force trainings on how to execute within the sales channels, as well as maintaining market awareness.
- Retail execution will be critical and more time spent at retail than traditional NAM's
- Operating within an established budget.
- Operating within established state and federal liquor laws.
Key to success in this position calls for the ability to demonstrate team leadership performance including motivation, training, and execution as well as successfully working with our sales teams to meet SNBC performance standards. We are looking for someone who can consistently achieve company business plan goals, including volume, distribution and profitability. Strong organization and time management skills are also needed to effectively manage the workload for this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of SNBC history, culture and products is critical.
- Must have the ability to develop effective presentations via Nielsen and delivering solution-based recommendations.
- Experience and competence working in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, IRI, VIP, Market Track, as well as presentation and written skills are essential.
- Must demonstrate the ability to successfully operate within an established budget.
- Knowledge of and ability to successfully operate within state and federal liquor laws is required.
- Must have a keen awareness of and familiarity with craft beer market trends and brand awareness levels.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of five years sales experience with a combination of distributor and/or supplier experience is REQUIRED.
- Preference will be given to qualified candidates with alcoholic beverage distributor and/or supplier experience.
- A four-year degree (BA) in Business/Marketing or equivalent experience is REQUIRED.
- New York City based on and off-premise national account experience including call on Home D's or on-premise multiple buying groups are highly preferred.
Additional considerations unique to this position
- Short term the duties for this position will require some car travel yet more MTA than car. Long term it could eventually end up to 250 miles per day, 25,000-50,000 miles annually and overnight/air travel up to 6 overnights per month.
- Hours will vary according to business need, and will include nights and weekends.
- Candidates must be able to lift 35-lb cases, as well as maneuver and place 168-lb kegs.
- A valid driver’s license with an exemplary driving record free of any major violations in the last FIVE years is required.
- The position will be based in the New York City market preferably Manhattan or Brooklyn.
The selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check and driver’s license check. You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.