Hoppin’ Frog Brewery is looking to add a new full-time member to lead our packaging team. The Packaging Manager works in a team setting with the shared objective of ensuring that all beer is packed properly, efficiently and safely in the various packaging formats that Hoppin’ Frog Brewery offers.
Location: Akron, Ohio
Reports To: Director
Position Type: Full-time hourly
Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely and efficiently operate all machinery associated with packaging beer by properly following all standard operating and safety procedures
- Troubleshoot and repair packaging equipment as needed
- Ensure bottling equipment and hardware are in functioning order
- Inspect quality of packaged product and assure it is fit for distribution by coordinating with management and Head Brewer
- Assist Packaging Team with any startup and shutdown procedure, follow closing clean-up checklist
- Ensure packaging area, equipment and materials are kept clean and organized
- Assist with packaging supply inventory counts and management when necessary
- Properly use personal protective equipment when required
- Follow all policies, use software to clock in and out at appropriate times, manage weekly schedules, and time off request for packaging team
- Constantly seeks ways to improve the efficiency and safety of the bottling process and minimize losses
- Help with various other tasks/projects when required (deep cleaning, maintenance, building orders, etc).
- Develop and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Effectively complete additional assigned duties as necessary
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive wages
- Earn Paid Time Off (PTO) starting day one
- Paid Holidays
- Medical/ Dental/Vision coverage available
- SimpleIRA plan with Company Match
- Beer, merchandise discounts
- Lunch provided daily
- Monday through Friday work week, with opportunities to participate in brewery events if desired
- And many other great things!!
Hoppin’ Frog Brewery offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and will include medical, dental, and vision insurance, SimpleIRA with Company Matching, lunch provided daily, beer and merchandise discounts, paid holidays, and paid time off. Benefit eligibility is dependent on job classification and hours worked. Complete details are outlined in the Hoppin’ Frog Employee Handbook.
- Passion for independent, quality craft beer and our industry is a must
- Ability to work as a team and communicate effectively with others
- Mechanical aptitude, basic problem solving and math skills
- Flexibility with scheduling, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic are required
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Lead operators in improving line efficiencies and decreasing material loss
- Must have 2+ years of brewery or other production experience
- Must have 1+ years of proven leadership and supervisory skills/experience
Typically, the Packaging Manager is required to stand and/or walk for 8+ hours a day. Employees frequently lift up 50 pounds at a time and occasionally may need to maneuver kegs weighing up to 165 pounds. Some positions on the bottling line require repetitive movements and lifting above head height, reaching with arms and pushing/pulling various weights up to 25 pounds. The work environment conditions vary often with fluctuating temperatures, noise and moisture levels. Safety equipment and training is provided. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in working with us, however, no phone calls, please. Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].