Mass. Bay Brewing Company (MBBC), parent company to Harpoon, UFO, Clown Shoes, Arctic Summer and City Roots, is seeking a Packaging Operator who will ensure that the quality and quantity of MBBC products meets our highest standards. This individual needs to be technically savvy as they perform many machine-adjustment and maintenance tasks in a day.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Running all equipment on kegging, bottling, and canning lines
- Start-up and shut-down of utilities and equipment
- CIP, CUP and sanitizing of fillers, lines, and bright tanks
- Competent operation of fillers, washers, palletizers, and conveyors
- Maintaining line efficiency through seamless supply of empty packaging and removal of full packaging
- Close monitoring of cooperage quality and removing cooperage in need of repair
- Ensuring accurate and legible coding and labeling of all containers
- Routine daily maintenance of all equipment
- Start-up and shut-down of all glass, can, and case handling processes
- Addressing all product quality issues immediately and stopping line if issues cannot be corrected in the immediate
- Helping to maintain accurate and detailed daily run logs
- Maintaining an orderly and safe work environment within department as well as entire facility
- Participating in regularly scheduled departmental meetings to review issues and propose solutions
- Maintaining personal appearance and conduct reflective of professionalism and pride in MBBC
- Following all company policies as detailed in employee handbook – attendance, safety, IT protocols, etc.
- Contributing to positive work environment through open and constructive dialog
- Contributing and being receptive to continual innovation and improvements
- Assisting other departments or performing other tasks as needed
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proper use of PPE
- OSHA-approved Forklift Certification
- Attention to detail
- Genuine enthusiasm for craft beer
OPPORTUNITIES & PERKS
Opportunity to be an integral part of a professional Packaging team working in a fast-paced and challenging setting. MBBC offers some great perks including potential for growth, great co-workers, a friendly environment (pet friendly as well!), an all-expense paid culture trip, participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), participation in our unique Wellness Program, and, of course, amazing beer benefits!
SHIFTS: Rotating between 1st and 2nd, or as needed
TO APPLY- Please apply directly through our Careers page.