Silver Lyan – nestled in the lower level of Riggs Washington DC, in the bank building’s former vault – is the first bar outside of Europe from Mr Lyan. Travelling the world, he sources the weird and wonderful, using bespoke techniques and experimenting with ingredients to develop new ways to capture flavour. Mr Lyan and his highly-accoladed team use unique ways of looking at the world to create drinks that you probably won’t find anywhere else. Silver Lyan draws its inspiration from D.C.’s incredible depth of culture, food, drink, people and history to offer a bar that celebrates the notion of exchange – as well as a damn good time.
We are searching for an experienced and passionate General Manager to reopen Silver Lyan early 2021. Our preferred candidate would have extensive beverage knowledge, experience leading a team, and the desire to provide our guest an award-winning experience.
Candidates must be able to thrive in a non-stop environment, have an open mind and a great sense of humor, and love finding solutions. The ability to be adaptable, calm under pressure, resourceful and efficient is in your DNA.
Core Essential Functions
- Manage the overall operations of Silver Lyan bar to ensure an exceptional employee and guest experience.
- Maintain a flawless relationship with the entire hotel team & be the main point of contact for the hotel leadership team. Hotel Integration is key.
- Responsible & accountable for Silver Lyan revenue & expense management.
- Responsible for Silver Lyan staff scheduling & payroll.
- Ensure the brand image is fostered & maintained within the community.
- Direct and participate in the functions of the Food and Beverage department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- Implement effective controls of food, beverage, and labor costs.
- Maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service, and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding guest experience.
- Responsible for recruiting a passionate and considerate team and managing the development, enthusiasm, and retention of the staff.
This position requires the following knowledge, skills and abilities
• Hotel Experience is not required
• 3 – 5+ years of experience managing bars and restaurants
• Extensive knowledge of bar operations is required
• Willingness to learn and adapt in new situations