Fair Isle’s taproom sets the tone of the space and ensures the customer has the fullest experience. The Taproom Manager’s responsibilities are to provide smooth service in the tasting room, create a welcoming environment for customers and address their concerns. The ideal candidate has 3+ years in a leadership or management position at a restaurant, winery, brewery or other hospitality venues. Existing beer/brewing knowledge is a plus, but the emphasis is on elevating customer experience and hospitality.
Taproom Manager is expected to work fifty percent on the floor and fifty percent in management responsibilities.
Fair Isle is a brewery starting up so thus the Taproom Manager must be adaptable, agile and comfortable working in a fluid environment.
- Maintain a welcoming, educational and inviting experience in the taproom
- Manage guest satisfaction and overall brewery visitor experience
- Manage taproom inventory ordering and control
- Facilitate the coordination for special events hosted in the taproom (field email inquiries, maintain reservation calendar, manage day-of reservation logistics, setup/breakdown for each event)
- Assist with creation and execution of Standard Operating Procedures for taproom operations (opening/closing checklist, event procedures)
- Ensure team is meeting customer service standards and adhering to SOPs
- Foster continued growth of team by leading through example
- Ensure perfect taproom setup everyday per visual standards
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with all state and local requirements for alcohol and food service
- Impeccable service standards with attention to detail and ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced atmosphere with poise
Communications and Management Team:
- Communicate weekly with Management Team to review and present tasting room financials, upcoming events, and general operational issues.
- Communicate weekly with Management Team to discuss strategies for improvement, daily operations, and logistical development as Fair Isle grows.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried exempt position. Fair Isle offers benefits and competitive salary dependent upon experience and relevant qualifications. Benefits may include health, paid time off, employee discounts, travel, and more. Fair Isle Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and candidates from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply!