The Manager leads and inspires our tasting room team to provide a quality, service focused customer experience. The Manager is responsible for the daily operations, hiring, educating, and development of the team, and has accountability for top line sales growth and bottom line profitability.
The goal of the Torpedo Room is to enable a high level of engagement with Bay Area craft beer drinkers and to convey Sierra Nevada’s innovative and pioneering spirit. This tasting room venue, as an extension of our brand, focuses on the opportunity to educate our customers through flights of beer, unique and specialty brews, special marketing events, and participation in community events in and around the Berkeley, CA area.
- Foster an environment of passion for the craft beer market and Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Hire, build, and develop a highly educated, service focused and craft-beer centric team
- Partner with Sales and the Customer Experience Manager to develop business plans and operational excellence with P&L accountability
- Ensure compliance with all enforceable labor, sanitation, heath, safety, and service laws
- Collaborate with the Distributor Orders & Inventory Team for optimal management of beer, retail, and POS inventory
- Act as an ambassador for our brand
- Join with the Marketing, Events and Sales teams to host monthly Torpedo Room special events
- Models and supports safe work practices for all employees onsite
- Daily tasks may include scheduling, balancing the cash drawer, maintaining clean beer lines, and ensuring a proper beer pour each and every time
Education & Experience
- One year of management and leadership experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, hospitality or related field, OR two years of related progressively responsible experience is required
- One year of previous responsibility for Profit and Loss (P&L) statement is required
- Previous responsibility for an ABC licensed facility is highly desired
- Prior experience coordinating and scheduling outside service vendors in a cost effective manner is highly desired
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrate a great passion and understanding of the craft beer industry and knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Ability to lead a team by example
- Ability to successfully work with autonomy
- Excellent organizational and positive communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in an environment that values creativity and flexibility
- Lead and inspire change, growth, and new thinking for positive behavior-based results
- Proven track record of building high performance teams
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet (non-weather); cold (non-weather); heat (non-weather).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to safely lift up to 58 pounds without assistance, and maneuver kegs weighing up to 165 pounds safely and with proper body mechanics. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying
- Current possession of valid California Food Handler Certification is required
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a driving record free of any major violations in the last five years.
- As a Torpedo Room Beer Tender, you will be required to become certified in the TIPS alcohol awareness program.
- Successful completion of TIPS Training within the first 90 days of employment in this role is required.
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server preferred
- Successful completion of SNBC's Intro to Craft Beer class within the first 90 days of employment in this role is required
- Quarterly travel required, primarily to Chico for business updates and culture immersion.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check
**This job posting will remain open until filled; Online applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis**
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer