Supervisor: Washington Sales Manager
2 Towns Ciderhouse Vision
We aspire to create craft cider that is accessible to the people, utilizing the most advanced cider making standards, and quality Northwest ingredients, without being afraid to do things a little differently. Much like our product, 2 Towns as a company is fun, unique, and filled with energy. Our crew makes what we do possible, and we are committed to fostering an environment of fairness, empowerment, and security.
2 Towns Sales Representatives are the face of our company. Their main goal is to develop relationships with distributors, accounts, and customers in their designated areas, and communicate our product and brand effectively. We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic, and friendly individual who enjoys communicating with people of all walks of life about craft cider! This position will be located in North Washington.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
I. Washington State / Columbia Distributing
Maintain relationships with Columbia's sales reps and managers in order to maximize communication between 2 Towns and Columbia Distributing
- Educate distributor reps about our product and pricing information
- Track inventory and minimize stock outs and/or product shortages
- Communicate upcoming seasonal releases
- Coordinate limited release distribution and other special requests with key accounts
- Supply Columbia with marketing materials and solicit additional marketing materials as needed through the Washington Sales Manager, or through distributor's own print shop.
II. Account Relations
Maintain relationships with key accounts in the distribution area to monitor Columbia performance, and identify areas where we can help them improve service to accounts
- Develop positive relationships with accounts in the assigned geographic area, and the individuals that make the ordering decisions
- Merchandise product
- Ensure correct shelf pricing
- Supply accounts with POS materials
- Coordinate social media or other promotional opportunities with Washington Sales Manager
- Communicate upcoming seasonal releases
- Discuss Columbia performance, and identify and troubleshoot issues that may arise
- Maintain organized list of contact information for accounts
III. Market Pulse
Gather market information and customer feedback in each area of distribution, in order to supply management with trends and recommendations for each, and accurately and professionally represent the company at public events
- Coordinate well in advance with distributor for product and supplies
- Coordinate with demonstration and promotional event hosts
- Educate and taste the public
- Man the tasting tent
- Check IDs of booth visitors and ensure cider is served only to those who are legal (of age and not already intoxicated) to drink product
- Set up and take down attractive booth displays
- Work with Washington Sales Manager to identify Brewfest and other major event or sponsorship opportunities
- Attend industry events to represent the company and network within the industry
Perform weekly reporting to WA Sales Manager or 2 Towns admin team as necessary
IV. New Accounts
Grow sales by acquiring new accounts within the assigned distribution turf
- Identify strong potential accounts
- Approach new accounts with product information and samples
- Keep detailed notes on contact information and status of each potential new account
- Work with Columbia Distributing to pitch new chain accounts
- Participate in quarterly staff meetings
- Participate in occasional crew drives which may involve interstate travel and up to week-long out-of-state trips.
- Represent 2 Towns Ciderhouse by helping to staff the annual harvest party.
- Attend quarterly company gatherings and cider education at company headquarters in Corvallis, OR.
- Adhere to 2 Towns safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Observe and follow all policies described in the Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Ability to use Microsoft Suite, Google products, and Internet
- Experience in generating sales plans
- Proven ability to manage budgets, gross margins, depletions and distribution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with public speaking
- 21 years or older
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 3 years in a similar or related field
- Able to lift and move 154lbs, as well as move heavier amounts using a hand truck
- Available evenings and weekends
- Valid Driver's License with clean driving history and willingness to use personal vehicle
- Able to occasionally drive for long periods of time
- Willing to travel by airplane
- Must be able to obtain the following alcohol servers permits: WA MAST, OR OLCC, CA Servers permit if applicable.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate occasional out-of-county trade visits.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Must be located in Northern Washington or be willing to relocate
- Familiarity with using VIP iDig and KARMA Notes
- Familiarity with reading and utilizing IRI and Nielsen market data
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Friendly, approachable, and professional attitude/social skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Self-motivated attitude
- Excellent problem solving/analysis skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a dynamic team
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; walk; use hands to move cases; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear; visually count.
The employee is required to drive and stand most of the day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 154lbs pounds (filled half-barrel kegs) by hand, as well as move heavier amounts laterally or vertically using assistance from another person or tools such as a hand truck.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some of this position will operate from a home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. Due to the nature of this position, most work will be done remotely. Travel done outside of the local area will be overnight.
Compensation and Benefits
2 Towns Ciderhouse offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and will include health insurance, monthly merchandise credit, 401k and performance-based incentive opportunities, and paid time off. Benefit eligibility is dependent on job classification and hours worked. Complete details are outlined in the 2 Towns Ciderhouse Employee Handbook.
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume as well as a cover letter that addresses:
1. Your experience as a brand ambassador
2. Your experience with driving sales and promotions
3. Your experience working and coordinating with distributors
This employment opportunity will remain posted until filled.
Please, no phone calls about this position.
2 Towns Ciderhouse is an equal opportunity employer.