Funky Buddha Brewery located in Oakland Park, Florida, is seeking a full-time Florida Sales Manager to join its growing team. Established in 2010 at our Boca Raton brewpub, Funky Buddha is known for combining traditional brewing methods with culinary-inspired recipes utilizing all natural, food-centric ingredients. Some of its most well-known beers include flagships Hop Gun IPA and Floridian Hefeweizen, Maple Bacon Coffee Porter, No Crusts Peanut Butter and Jelly Brown Ale, and Last Snow Coffee Porter. Funky Buddha distributes draft and bottled beer across the state of Florida. This fast growing company is the largest brewery in South Florida with over 120 employees currently.
“Where the Best Beers Are – Top 20 Brewpubs/Breweries for good beer” – USA Today
“24 American Microbreweries Every Beer Lover Should Know” – Business Insider
“10 Best Breweries to Visit in the South” – First We Feast
As Florida Sales Manager for Funky Buddha Brewery, the candidate will directly be responsible for achieving budgeted financial, volume, distributor execution, and sales team results in the sales region. To achieve this task, our Sales Manager will need to employ effective business management, distributor collaboration, and people development. This is broken down as follows:
Successfully managing all sales activities and financial results for the Region via building effective market plans, monitoring results, and communicating with distributor partners, retail partners, and brewery team members.
- Planning: Monitors results for budgets for the Region covering volume, revenue, and sales team expenses. Holds sales team accountable to expense guidelines and approves team expense reports.
- Reporting: Reports to Brand Director and General Manager periodically as needed on the following metrics:
- Budget tracking
- Market depletion trends as monitored regularly in VIP
- Distributor execution results vs. calendar objectives
- Anecdotal market results
- Special initiative results (seasonal/special item allocations, field quality/pricing/execution surveys, crew drives)
Communication: Acts as main liaison between sales department and brewing, operations, and packaging departments.
Market Ethics and Legal: Acts professionally at all times, is responsible with alcohol, and avoids ‘gray area’ sales tactics. Knows local alcoholic beverage laws in operating detail.
- Ongoing, detailed review and knowledge of all data results to include VIP, team execution, and distributor results vs. Annual Market Plan objectives.
- Weekly meeting with Brand Director and General Manager.
Acts as the primary manager of all distributor relationships in Florida.
- Annual Market Plan: Creates an Annual Market Plan with all distributors that includes a review of previous results, a brewery branding plan for the upcoming year, program plans, agreed-upon execution objectives, budget, and an overall execution calendar for the upcoming year. Presents the Annual Business Plan to each region distributor.
- Business Reviews: Executes Business Reviews, with frequency set by Brand Director, with distributors to monitor progress toward goals and solidify or update initiatives.
- Distributor Knowledge: Has detailed working knowledge of each distributor partner’s organization, go-to-market system, and contract. Cultivates positive relationships with all members of the management and sales teams.
- Inventory: Monitors distributor inventories and orders.
- Core Deliverables:
- Distributor visits with frequency determined by Brand Director.
- Assist in creating and delivering an Annual Market Plan for all region wholesalers.
- Conduct 2+ business reviews with all region wholesalers annually.
- Execute surveys (pricing, execution, or special projects) 2+ times per year at each region wholesaler.
Leads, manages, and develops Florida account management team toward achievement of market and individual sales and skill development goals.
- Team Leadership and Development: Sets focus areas and specific execution goals with regional sales team that align with distributor goals as well as develop volume deeper in the portfolio. Holds bi-weekly sales meetings/calls with regional team and holds one or more region retreats per year.
- Field Coaching: consistently spends time with sales reps in the field either selling as a team or working specifically on skill development to enhance reps’ skills in:
- Selling Skills: Probing, Listening, Objection Handling, Closing, Business Math
- Education: executing distributor and waitstaff educations, tastings, events
- Quality & Troubleshooting: solving field package and draft problems.
Performance and Results: Conducts Annual Performance Reviews for reps, regularly monitors rep performance, and has formal periodic results and skill review conversations with written follow up.
- Bi-weekly meetings with account managers to monitor results and assist where needed.
- Monthly market visits with a scheduled skill development day and sales day with each rep.
- Semiannual Performance Development Plan progress discussions.
- Annual regional team building event
- One Annual Performance Review with each rep.
The ideal candidate should possess a passion for our beer, strong sales skills, excellent customer service skills, and the ability to grow and maintain relationships. Being a highly self-motivated individual with a strong sense of personal responsibility is crucial to this role.
Additional requirements include:
- A minimum of three years of experience in a sales management role
- Exceptional work ethic, critical thinking/problem solving skills, and personal character
- Impeccable organizational habits, communication skills, and professional judgement
- Ability to work nights and weekends and travel regionally for the company
- Computer literate with a deep understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel, and VIP data reporting
- A strong passion for American craft beers as well as a detailed knowledge of the brewing process, beer styles, beer presentation, and beer dispense
- Intimate knowledge of Florida beer distribution laws and statutes including acceptable marketing practices and the three-tier system
- Personal vehicle with clean driving record and personal liability insurance
Additionally, the ideal candidate would be a sociable person who is adept at representing the brewery in public. Natural leadership, integrity, loyalty, and a good sense of humor are all factors in who we hire. We are rapidly expanding company with growth potential within.
THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED AT OUR LOCATION IN OAKLAND PARK, FL.
Funky Buddha Brewery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Competitive compensation will be based on education and experience. Funky Buddha offers subsidized health insurance for employees along with vision and dental benefits, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
If you think you have what it takes to join this exciting and growing company, please Apply Here. Calls, letters, faxes, carrier pigeon, or personal visits will not be accepted.