Artisanal Brewing Ventures, the parent company of Southern Tier Brewing Company and Victory Brewing Company, seeks a Lead Portfolio Manager for its Marketing Team. This position will lead the product innovation strategy for both Southern Tier and Victory. Southern Tier, based in Lakewood, NY and founded in 2002, features brands such as NuSkool IPA, Tangier and 2XIPA. Victory Brewing, founded in 1996 and based in Downingtown, PA, features brands such as Golden Monkey, Summer Love and HopDevil.
The Lead Portfolio Manager will create and lead a cohesive innovation process for both breweries, and will execute forward thinking craft beer brands for our pubs, wholesale partners and on premise accounts.
Responsibilities and Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Oversee all product development for Southern Tier and Victory Brewing Company, including all pub locations.
- Ownership of an innovation stage-gate process for the commercialization of new products and renovation of existing product lines.
- Contribute to and influence the strategic direction of senior leadership using informal and formal communication.
- Identify new products and/or packaging for commercialization to meet consumer needs based on consumer, health, flavor and brewing process trends.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize data in order to generate consumer, competitor and industry insights for the development of the innovation vision and strategy for next 5 years.
- Collaborate with sales team on competitive analysis and evaluate market opportunities based on the competitive landscape.
- Support corporate volume sales goals as well as own the expense budget for the promotion of all brands.
- Lead consumer-testing efforts to determine the best ideas to commercialize for business growth.
- Guide the cross-functional team through the stage-gate commercialization process.
- Work closely with marketing Brand Managers and Brewery Operations to shape messaging and communication of new product initiatives to the field.
- Manage a team of two Brand Managers and two Marketing Specialists, providing strategic direction while supporting a high-performance atmosphere.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strategic thinker who is able to articulate the brand vision, as well as anticipate and identify consumer needs in the Craft Brewing Industry.
- Creative problem solver who is able to be collaborative with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Seasoned professional with strong business acumen, specifically in product development.
- Self-starter adept in both operating at a strategic level as well as a “roll up your sleeves” member of the team.
- Skilled project manager who can direct the rollout of a brand from start to finish.
- Team member who has a retail and merchandising mindset and can use that skill to drive results.
- Strong prioritization and decision-making skills, with the ability to maintain an excellent attention to detail.
- Team builder and performance manager, influencing members of the team as well as stakeholders.
- Ability to anticipate and identify consumer needs in craft beer trends.
- Must be willing to travel. Travel will likely be 40% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA Preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working with innovative product development processes with experience of bringing new products to market.
- Five (5) years of experience and demonstrated positive track record managing in the craft beer industry
- Solid experience working with cross functional teams bringing new items to market including marketing, operations, training, purchasing, QA and the Leadership team.
- Strong work ethic, flexibility and ability to multi-task in fast-paced food and beer category.
- Candidate must have strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.