The Nitro Cold Brewer role supports the Nitro Cold Brew Production Lead in the completion of essential brewery tasks in order to provide one of Commonwealth Joe's most important products! A Cold Brewer is clean, reliable, flexible, has attention to quality, and is able to innovate new processes in order to optimize brewery workflow. The Nitro Cold Brew product is time sensitive so a reliable form of transportation and punctuality is critical. As you learn how to brew our product, you will learn the science of our methods and will be able to make adjustments where needed to maximize output and improve quality. A non-disclosure/non-compete of 2 years within the DC/MD/VA area will be required. This is a full-time position.
- You possess a consistent work ethic and are punctual and diligent.
- You are innovative and skilled working in warehouses where growth challenges workflow.
- You are energetic and flexible, as depending on demand, work can range from 8 to 12 hours on any given day.
- You have access to a reliable form of transportation, as our brewery is currently small and carpool options are minimal.
- Receive deliveries, grind beans to their appropriate size, and organize and store coffee bags.
- Brew cold brew in a variety of vessels and methods for the following day.
- Build and brand kegerators, including troubleshooting and repair of damaged equipment.
- Optimize workflow processes while maintaining the highest quality and beverage safety.
- Distribute coffee and water ratios according to recipe.
- Transfer coffee into kegs, nitrogenate them, and prepare them for delivery to office accounts.
- Clean and sanitize brewing equipment; learn our sanitation methods and tools.
- Report on various activities related to Cold Brew production to leadership team.
Timeline & Location
- This is a full-time role.
- Primary work location is in Prince George’s County, MD.
To apply, please visit commonwealthjoe.com/pages/careers