Kendall’s Pioneer, the craft beverage division of Corwin Beverage Company, is looking to hire an experienced Wine Sales Manager for our Southwest Washington territory. Kendall’s represents local and regional award-winning craft beer, cider, mead and wine brands, including: GoodLife, Everybody’s, Alameda, Coalition, Base Camp, ExNovo, Swift Cider and more. View all of our brands and read about our story at www.kendallspioneer.com .
The Wine Sales Manager is a strategic, creative, player/coach, who strategically and positively impacts our wine brand equity, develops the wine business, sales and profitability. This position leads, supports and accelerates the growth of our wine products in on-premise and off-premise accounts through direct sales activities. The Wine Sales Manager is a strategic leader with tactical ability, and is equally skilled at developing brand relationships, executing direct sales and overall development of strategies and tactics. This is a single person department at this time and works in tandem with our beer and non-alcohol sales and marketing teams. This will include brand management, new customer development, customer marketing efforts, product marketing efforts, channel/partner marketing, demand generation, community relations and sales enablement.
Ensure the continuous growth of our wine brands and sales by maximizing all resources in support of current and future customers. Professionally boost organizational success through unparalleled team development, effective communication, quality products, and exceptional customer service.
Using industry expertise and sound judgement, drive wine sales and profit goals through:
- Development of wine brands and wine product portfolio in line with customer demographics and opportunities.
- Developing and implementing strategic planning, market and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans and related product value positioning.
- Optimizing and executing the roll-out of all in-house wine marketing programs relating to new or existing items, brands, packages or channel partner initiatives.
- Effectively managing product and project specific budgets.
- Defining, developing and managing wine sales, programs and tactics.
- Secure new customers and product placement by expanding our wine footprint within small format, large format and on-premise channels.
Proactively work to assist others in achieving Corwin/Kendall’s objectives by:
- Partnering with the beer and non-alcoholic sales teams to develop cross channel opportunities.
- Collaborating with other sales leaders to define channel/partner marketing strategies. Build a successful foundation to segment partners and support key partners based on revenue growth.
- Collaborating with leadership, marketing team, category management, vendors and sales to define go-to-market strategies; develop target customers and define core product value propositions and messaging and key benefits.
- Conducting competitive research and positioning activities for all current and future products.
- Continually defining and implementing market opportunities by validating new products, inform leadership of new opportunities, and provide key insight for new and existing markets.
- Work with sales team to turn insights into action by creating brand expansion/extension programs.
Develop and enhance effective customer relationships through:
- Conducting all business with the highest levels of integrity and ethics.
- Vigilantly being present in the community, with vendors and with customers to strengthen the Corwin/Kendall’s wine brands and reputation. Expertly leading promotions, events, sponsorships, community service and marketing programs to enhance and extend the Corwin/Kendall’s brands.
- Developing, implementing and leading wine product launch and development roadmap. Continuously evaluate market trends, seeking current and potential customer feedback to assess needs gaps and opportunities.
Demonstrate a positive attitude and the ability to problem solve independently as well as part of a team.
Maintain entrepreneurial spirit in all day-to-day activities and functions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field preferred
Demonstrated knowledge and experience (specific to wine) may substitute for formal business degree
- Demonstrated successful background in wine vendor development, wine sales and wine marketing.
- Comprehensive understanding of wine to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, wine production, and service.
- Proven experience managing vendors and customers.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing sales strategies that consistently met or exceed planned objectives including revenue goals.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create result driven, team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate, communicate and influence in a matrix environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
- Agile and responsive mindset.
- Open, collaborative, communicative leader.
- Ability to understand and manage budgets, profitability and expenses.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent sales skills.
- Minimum 5 years senior sales experience in wine industry
- Wine training and/or certifications preferred ex. WSET courses, Court of Master Sommeliers program
- Knowledge of SW Washington/Oregon markets (vendors, customers, products)
- Experience with sales technology solutions including social media platforms
- Strong analytical (including KPI’s) and problems solving skills
- Experience in community service and involvement
- Wage information for this position is confidential. Submit salary requirements with resume and qualifications
- Non-union benefits package and 401(k)
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, and so on):
- Limited overnight amount (less than 10 days) travel will be required per year
- Extensive time out of office visiting customers, venders and on-site visits with team members
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- The Wine Sales Manager is expected to take calls for emergency situations outside of business hours
- Qualified candidates must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally during an 8-hour shift, must be able to stand and walk for at least 6 hours per day
Send resume now via Indeed.com, visit company website at www.corwinbevco.com
Or Mail Resume to:
Human Resources—KPD WINE
219 S. Timm Rd.
Ridgefield, WA 98642
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we cannot respond directly to all applicants.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.