May 2014 - PRESENT
WineAmerica, Washington, DC - Director of Public Affairs
- Primary association liaison with the US Congress and Federal Agencies.
- Directed the work of professional lobbying firm to further the policy objectives of the association.
- Worked under the direction of the Board of Directors, including standing and ad hoc committees.
- Main point of contact for WineAmerica with state and regional winery associations under the State Associations Council.
- Represented the association in various coalitions and with other alcohol commodity groups, including the Wine Institute, Family Winemakers of California, Brewers Association and Distilled Spirits Council.
- Represented the Association on various Boards, such as Free the Grapes and the National Grape and Wine Initiative.
- Directed the yearly Board of Directors election.
- Assisted in review of association’s yearly budget.
- Main point of contact for association on all wine policy matters.
- Recruited and retained winery and association members.
- Continued duties of Director of Communications.
August 2010 - May 2014
WineAmerica, Washington, DC - Director of Communications
- Directed all external and internal communications for the association. This includes newsletters, press releases, media interviews, social media and web communications.
- Represented the association at various industry trade shows/meetings, including speaking engagements.
- Planned and executed two major meetings/conferences for the association members. This included a large scale wine event on Capitol Hill.
- Oversaw the redesign of the association website.
- Main point of contact for the association with the media, including specialized wine media and general media.
- Associations’ expert on federal wine issues.
July 2006 - August 2010
WineAmerica, Washington, DC - Manager of Regulatory Affairs
- Processed Certificate of Label Approval Applications (COLA) for wineries.
- Main point of contact for the association with the Alcohol Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB).
- Answered member inquiries regarding federal wine regulations.
October 2004 - October 2005
Marlowe and Company, Washington, DC- Legislative Aide
- Tracked legislation for firm’s clients
- Tracked news items pertaining to specific issues related to client/firm interests
- Researched potential new clients for firm.
June 2001 - July 2003
Griffin, Johnson, Dover and Stewart, Washington, DC - Research Associate
- General legislative research for firm, including bill tracking
- Tracked news items for firm
- Researched potential new clients for moderate sized government affairs firm
- Supervised interns
September 1999 - May 2001
American University, Washington, DC - MA in Applied Politics
- Assistant Director of the Public Affairs Institute at the Center for Congressional and Presidential Studies.
September 1995 - May 1999
Rider University, Lawrencville, NJ - BA in American Studies/Political Science