Sierra Nevada Seeking Brewer Technician For Mills River Brewery
The origins of great craft breweries have similar roots; a passion for craft beer and the tenacity to make it a livelihood. And who is credited for pioneering the craft beer movement? No other than Sierra Nevada founder Ken Grossman. As the son of a homebrewer, Ken’s passion was instilled early as the sites and smells of fermenting brew were a daily affair.
The humble beginnings of Sierra Nevada are found in The Home Brew Shop, a home brew supply store Ken and fellow brewer Paul Camusi started in Chico, California. Not satisfied with the quality of the local hops, road trips to Yakima, WA for “brewer cuts” became a regular journey. The dedication for quality ingredients would become one of the building blocks that made Sierra Nevada what it is today.
In the fall of 1980, Sierra Nevada’s first brewery was completed and the first batch of beer (American Stout) from which all great Sierra Nevada beers would descend, was born. As the portfolio of beers increased, the commitment to quality and premium ingredients remained true.
Mills River, NC Brewery Opening Soon!
Its been two years since Sierra Nevada broke ground for their North Carolina brewery and final preparations are being made to open to the public this coming September. This “temple to craft beer”, is home to a 350,000 barrel brewhouse, towering stainless steel fermentation tanks,a tasting room, restaurant and trails for hikers to enjoy the beauty of western North Carolina’s mountains.
Only 20 minutes from Asheville, Sierra Nevada joins the craft beer boom that the city known as “Land of the Sky” has become famous for. As a testament to Asheville’s love affair with craft beverages, over 4,000 craft beer lovers attended the Beer Camp Across America festival this year, securing Sierra Nevada’s place in Asheville’s craft beer history books.
Sierra Nevada Craft Beverage Dream Job Listing: Brewer Technician
Sierra Nevada Brewers is seeking a Brewer Technician for its Mills River production team. Sierra Nevada is looking for candidates who match the quality and professionalism the legendary brewery is nationally known for.
Job Skills At A Glance:
- Brewers work in the Brewhouse, Cellar, and Filtration areas rotating across all shifts.
- Expert understanding of Brewing – Cellaring, and Filtration processes
- Expert with automated processes interface
- Sharing in Production duties and responsibilities across the board.
- Professionalism and a team player with strong Organizational, Communication and Record Keeping skills.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- A Diploma or Certificate in Brewing or Fermentation Science or related field from an accredited institution, or a combination of professional education and experience is required.
- Minimum of two years professional experience in the areas of Brewing, Cellar operations, and Filtration is required (SNBCo is committed to providing additional training and continuous improvement opportunities to employees in all areas)
- Understanding of standard brewery equipment and the ability to troubleshoot and perform basic upkeep and maintenance is essential
- This is a full-time position, scheduled to work at least 40 hours per week
- Work schedule requires the ability to rotate through three shifts (early, swing, and night shifts), including week-ends and holidays
Like what you see about this Craft Beverage Job Listing? Want more information? Application process? Click HERE!
Sierra Nevada’s Ken Grossman Is Keynote For BBC14!
On August 23 – 24, San Diego, CA will host the 2014 Beer Bloggers Conference (BBC14). The 150 plus beer bloggers expected to be in attendance will have the privilege of hearing from Sierra Nevada Brewing’s founder, Ken Grossman.
You can find out more about the BBC14 schedule of events and list of speakers HERE.
Never miss us!
Receive Craft Beverage Jobs Posts via Email