Virginia. It’s been popular for its award winning wines and beautiful wine regions, and we recently featured a story on the launch of a new craft cidery in Richmond, but did you know that craft beer is booming in Virginia as well?
According to the virginia.org website, there are now over 100 craft beer breweries in the State of Virginia (with quite a few in-planning).
What’s particularly neat about Virginia is the sudden emergence of “hop farm” breweries. One such hop farm brewery is Hermitage Hill Farm Brewing Co. in Augusta County.
Hermitage Hill Farm Brewery is the newest addition to Hermitage Hill Farm & Stables – a sustainable destination farm (and now brewery) that grows hops, fruits & vegetables, raises hens for eggs, and boards horses.
The farm also serves as an popular event facility for weddings, retreats, and private functions for up to 250 people.
Hermitage Hill Brewery is Hiring a Head Brewer
Hermitage Hill Brewery is looking to hire a Head Brewer to lead brewery operations. This person must be an experienced brewer and must share similar values and a passion for sustainability. In order for this person to be the right fit, he or she must also like the outdoors lifestyle and be willing to contribute on a working farm.
For the right person, this brewing position sounds like a dream.
Here’s a summary of the knowledge & Skills required to be considered:
- Well rounded management skills, a related degree (Science or Engineering, but not required), and OR a minimum of 3-5 years of brewery supervisory/management experience is needed for successful candidacy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, mathematical and analytical skills are required.
- Interpersonal and motivations skills required.
- Full understanding of beer science, brewhouse, and cellar operations are necessary.
- Past brewery installation experience will be helpful.
- Position requires good time management, communication skills, project management and people skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and stay focused on objectives.
- Efficient planning and scheduling of workforce and production.
- Troubleshooting and process improvement will be a constant demand.
Salary range is $38k – $45k per year – dependent on experience. The right candidate must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the brewery, and must also be up for living in a rural area.
This job does require a cover letter. If you need help, use our How To Write A Cover Letter That Gets You An Interview guide.
Never miss us!
Receive Craft Beverage Jobs Posts via Email